WAOP CONFERENCE 2019 AT THE UNIVERSITY OF AMSTERDAM
with keynote speaker Prof. Alicia A. Grandey
This year’s WAOP conference will focus particularly on aspects of sustainable performance, that is efforts to maximizing enduring performance as well as performers’ lasting health and well-being through vitality and learning (de Jonge & Peeters, 2019; Spreitzer & Porath, 2012).
In this context, we especially invite presentations addressing this theme (also in a sport and performance setting), which we will combine to Signature Sessions. In addition, we are excited to have Prof. Alicia A. Grandey, an expert on workplace emotional labor and diversity, as our keynote speaker. Moreover, we work to make the conference itself more sustainable by offering environmentally friendly materials and catering (e.g., a mobile application instead of printed programs) and including active breaks.
- Conference: November 22nd, 2019
- Abstract submission deadline: June 15th, 2019
- Feedback on abstract acceptance: August 31st, 2019
- Full paper submission deadline (Best Paper Award only): September 30st, 2019
- Registration deadline: September 30st, 2019
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Presentation formats (all in English)
- Verbal presentations (15 minutes, combined in sessions of four)
- Round Table Sessions (60 minutes including one or two selected verbal presentations followed by an interactive small-group discussion with a limited number of participants)
- Poster presentations (only in combination with an accepted verbal presentation, more information to follow)
Abstracts (in English) can be submitted here. Deadline for submission is June 15th, 2019. Abstracts may not exceed 300 words and should contain:
- Purpose of the study (research question, hypotheses and contribution)
Although empirical studies will be given priority, abstracts addressing research proposals will also be considered and we explicitly also invite abstracts relating to the conference theme of “Sustainable Performance”. Notifications of acceptance will be sent by email before August 31st, 2019.
Best Paper Award
Submitting a full paper is not compulsory to participate or present at the conference. If you would like your research to be considered for the Best Paper Award (more information to follow), however, you will need to submit a full paper (in English and APA 6.0 format) in addition to the regular abstract by September 30st, 2019.
Registration for the conference (incl. 25€ WAOP contribution) costs 125€ (academic) respective 150€ (practitioner).
The deadline for registration is September 30st, 2019 and will be possible here soon.
|9:30-10:00||Registration and coffee|
|10:00-11:00||Opening and keynote|
|11:15-12:15||Session 1 (incl. one Signature Session and one Round Table Session)|
|13:45-14:45||Session 2 (incl. one Signature Session and one Round Table Session)|
|15:15-16:15||Session 3 (incl. one Signature Session and one Round Table Session)|
|16:15-18:00||Poster session and drinks (incl. Best Paper Award ceremony and closing)|
This year’s WAOP conference is organized by the University of Amsterdam’s Work and Organizational Psychology group. The organizing team is headed by Dr. Michelle Van Laethem, Jeannette van den Akker, and Dr. Svenja A. Wolf and you can reach them via WAOP2019firstname.lastname@example.org.