WAOP Small Group Meeting
Call for Proposals
WAOP’s mission is to promote and support the development of Work and Organizational Psychology (WOP) in The Netherlands and Flanders. One obvious way to do this is to get both practitioners and researchers in the field of Work & Organizational Psychology together to explore mutual interest and build collaborative networks. In addition to its successful annual congress, WAOP therefore launches and stimulates, through start-up funding, Small Group Meetings (SGM) ‘science meets practice’ – small-scale conferences that bring together research and practice (for 20-25 participants). WAOP members interested in organizing such a meeting are invited to submit a proposal for such a SGM to the WAOP Executive Board (EB).
We are seeking proposals for a multiple-day/one day conference with a wide range of delegates. Proposals can also be related to a project that has already been subsidized but that would benefit from a discussion with practitioners, or to meeting that is aimed at discussing the research agenda of a university department with practitioners.
Consistent with the aim of the meeting, funding is contingent on meeting the following conditions:
- Multiple / one day meeting focused on a specific and important theme in WOP;
- Participants include both practitioners and researchers;
- Maximum of 20-25 participants, so that all participants can actively participate and present;
- Proposals for Small Group Meetings can only be submitted by WAOP members;
- The responsibility for the organization lies with the local organizers (not with WAOP);
- The meeting should result in a short article that is available for practitioners (e.g. article in De Psycholoog, Gedrag & Organisatie etc.);
- WAOP offers a budget up to € 1000 euro per meeting. This budget is intended for organizational costs. If this does not cover all costs, organizers are expected to actively seek additional funding. Moreover, it is explicitly meant for not-for-profit meetings only – funding is meant to keep costs for participants at a minimum (participation fees are always subject to WAOP Executive Board approval and in any situation cannot exceed the maximum of € 100 regular fee/50€ student fee).
- Please note that the SGM organizers will receive up to 500 Euros before the SGM and the remainder after the meeting (on the presentation of original invoices).
WAOP members interested in organizing a SGM in 2019 are invited to submit a proposal (maximum 1 A4) to the WAOP EB by emailing a proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submissions is June, 1st 2020. The proposal should contain the following information:
- Title and description of the SGM, including a rationale for its importance;
- Dates and place of the meeting;
- Organizing committee and contact person;
- Budget, including plans to secure additional funding (if necessary);
- Target outlet for the short practitioner article.
The following criteria will be used for selecting successful SGM proposals: a) theme relevance and novelty, b) proposals that cover a wide scope of interest bearing in mind the diversity of WAOP members (academic and practitioner topics).
For further information, please contact Prof. dr. Marianne van Woerkom
On behalf of WAOP Executive Board,
Marianne van Woerkom